Mediacom SA is one of the largest wholly black owned advertising, media and communication agencies in KwaZulu-Natal and is a subsidiary of the Capital Media Group based in Pietermaritzburg.
With a gross annual turnover in excess of R40 million the Capital Media Group has a staff compliment of over 100 people and has media assets that include 14 newspapers throughout KwaZulu-Natal.
Professional Suite of Services
Media Strategy encompassing all forms of media including:
• Mainstream Print;
• Broadcast – TV & Radio;
• Trade Magazines and Journals;
• International Media;
• Community media;
• Social Media.
• Billboards and Outdoor Media
• Media Buying across all of the above;
• High level media networking at editor and director level via affiliation to SANEF
• Research and collation of data;
• Professional scripting of articles, radio slots, press releases, advertising copy;
• Professional scripting of speeches and statements;
• Access to in-house journalists, editors and photographers;
• Access to in-house professional photographers;
• Content development and editing of annual reports, strategic plans etc;
• Sub-editing for language and grammar;
Material Development and Printing
• As part of the Capital Media Group Mediacom SA has in-house newspaper and newsletter printing facilities;
• In-House digital printing facilities;
• Preferred service provider database for all litho and high end printing;
• Access to emergency print capacity at major print suppliers for urgent projects;
• Preferred service provider database for all banner, banner wall and non conventional printing requirements
Idea and Film Production
• We have an in-house video and film unit and have successfully produced eight productions for public sector clients in KZN;
• This unit is equipped with HD professional cameras, editing suites and FX tools;
• Our on-house content development unit provides scripting services.
Website Development and Digital Media
• Development of events/exhibition aligned to the organisation’s core business and mandate;
• Event logistics – venue, exhibition infrastructure, catering, ablution, public safety and health requirements etc;
• Exhibition Participation – access to national and international databases to ensure maximum participation;
• Marketing and media support to ensure public & stakeholder participation as well as media coverage;
• Ancillary revenue generation through licensing and outsourcing streams;
• High level stakeholder networking (national & international)
Our human capital forms the foundation of our professional reputation. At a strategic development level Mediacom SA and the projects we choose to engage in, are guided by a high level team of experts both in the media and communication field, and by associate directors drawn from commerce and industry, organised business, the political spectrum and civil society.
Associate directors include professors, directors of listed entities and parastatals, leaders of organised business, editors and former editors, former communication managers and consultants from provincial and national government.
At an operational level Mediacom SA has a team of fulltime graphic designers, script writers, editors and sub editors, translators, photographers, media planners and buyers and a team of ancillary support staff to provide project administration and finance services. At a logistical level we have a full time logistical manager who ensures access to logistical support services such as transportation, delivery and distribution, warehouse management.
In terms of physical resources, Mediacom SA has a fully equipped design studio staffed by fulltime graphic designers and layout artists. The studio has all the necessary professional creative suites.
We have group offices across KwaZulu-Natal with the necessary infrastructure to support the projects we are involved in.